Food, fitness, passion, health… these are some of the key ingredients we, at Level Up value in providing simple, delicious and life-changing meals. A Kitchen Helper is a like-minded member of our team, who will assist with all kitchen operations and procedures to facilitate maximum effectiveness and efficiency throughout the Level Up kitchen.
- You’re able to work independently with little or no supervision
- You have excellent organization and problem solving skills
- You’re a self learner and self motivated
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs
- Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
- Ability to work quickly but efficiently
- Ability to portion meals properly
- Performs any combination of following duties to maintain kitchen work areas, kitchen equipment, and utensils in clean and orderly condition: Sweeps and mops floors.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
- Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
- Steam-cleans or hoses-out garbage cans.
- Washes pots, pans, and trays by hand.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of handtruck
- Washes and peels vegetables, using knife or peeling machine.
- Loads or unloads trucks picking up or delivering supplies and food.
The must haves (Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications):
- Basic knowledge about healthy eating
- Hard working
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a commercial kitchen
- Food Handlers Card- (Ability to obtain one within the first month of work.)
Some nitty gritty that matters:
- Evening & weekend work is required and quite common
- Every team member serves as part of our Quality Assurance team (translation: free food in exchange for detailed feedback)
Email your resume and some thoughts on how you think you would add value to Level Up and its kitchen staff. email@example.com.